Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Batty!

About two weeks ago at around 4:30 in the morning Sarah and I heard a bunch of noises in our room. I investigated thouroughly but could not find anything. While investigating I thought I saw some fluttering down the hallway near the upstairs bathroom. My first thought was bat, but I could not find anything. We forgot about it.

Well, at about 11:00 last night Sarah and I were just about too retire to bed. I had just taken off my glasses and I noticed something hanging from our blinds on the window across from our bed.


Yep, that's a bat! A pretty big one too. I think it was a fruit bat because if I remember correctly they are the largest and are also more brown in color.

Well, one of the benefits of being the man in the house is to have my wife quietly but quickly (and fearfully) exit the room and close the door behind her. Yes, folks, it was just me and the bat. We were alone to face our respective destinies. The battle was gruesome, it was long and fought hard. But within two solid strokes (and many quick frenzied ones) the bat was felled. Unfortunately, in my unbriddled agression I also managed to shatter one of the window panes. Collateral Damage.

Here I am with my conquered enemy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so much more of a "man" than I am. I'll have to tell you sometime about our bat stories when we lived in Kittanning for the short four months. But, in short...one of the time, it took Diane and I, I believe a good two hrs. and about 300 swings and one sweep out the door before we had victory!

Boy we're glad we moved.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - Sarah told me about your fight with THE BAT!!! He was a big one! You were so heroic Will. I could never take one out. I'd run, like Sarah did. Cute pics of the kids - bath time for Hudson & the kids with their apples. I love being their Gramma!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing that bat picture brings back memories of the "Great Bat Battle of Broadalbin."
Similar situation, except both Laura and I had to tag-team the bat, and it was my wife who successfully vanquished our foe.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home