Monday, May 09, 2005

Making Boys into Men

As a father it is of the utmost importance that I help my boys grow up into men. I do not use the word "men" as referring to males who are no longer children, but males who are strong and manly! They are to be the foundation of the home, its very strength and pillar. Calvin and Hudson will not be wussy men, but strong men. Of course my utmost desire is for them to grow up to be strong men in Christ. I want my boys to be more godly than their papa. I want them to seek after Christ, to follow him and to guide their homes daily to Christ. To achieve this goal one of the things they need to learn is how to handle tools (particularly power tools).

Calvin was a big help for Papa and Grandpa.

Although he was rather unhappy when he had to come down and hang out with the girls!

You gotta start em young.

Ahhh, Unfortunately my trusty Porter Cable drill finally died after ten years of use so my new Dewalt is on order and will hopefully arrive soon. I cannot wait to use it - it truly is a beautiful thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home