Sunday, February 06, 2005

Good Game

Well, I kind of expected it to happen. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted the Eagles to win and rooted for them the entire game, but lets face it the Patriots are a good team. Nonetheless, I am not too discouraged at the Eagles Superbowl loss. Why not? They played a great game. Their defense in the first half shut down the Pats. Their offense minus a few turnovers was solid. None of the turnovers really mattered in the game. The thing that did seem to kill them was Corey Dillion and Deion Branch. And this was only in the second half. The Patriots were shut down in the first half, but they were rather alive in the second. The good thing is that next season the Patriots will be the team to beat. It should be a great season next year.

Well - good game Eagles. Until next year...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Charlie:

Will, I feel for you, man. I certainly know the pain of rooting for the losing Super Bowl team. I had to deal with that four years in a row.
Defensively, I thought the Eagles looked pretty solid. Deion Branch killed them, but the rest of the offense could do very little. The Pats didn't score on any big strikes. I didn't think Tom Brady had that great of a game.
Offensively, I thought Donovan McNabb looked a little shaky, and hardly any of his throws had the zip I expected to see. The running game was also terrible, and it put too much pressure on McNabb to win it.
Personally, I thought the MVP should have been Teddy Bruschi.
I'm glad it was close.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home