Monday, May 09, 2005

Some things are just unplanned!

Well, umm... I can honestly say that we weren't planning on this. Some things just happen that you don't plan on. I never thought it would happen so quickly. I mean we already have three children and we knew if this happened it would only be more work for Sarah. Well, it is too late now. The Lord knows why he has allowed this - although for me (Will) in particular it is something I will struggle with in seeking to understand.

Nonetheless we are happy and very excited. The Lord has laid a great challenge before us, but I believe we as a family are up to the task and we will only be stronger as a result. Well, without further ramblings we are pleased to announce...




...scroll down...




















































That we got a kitten!

Even I have to admit that he is pretty cute. On Saturday Sarah & Abby spotted him while garage sale-ing and there was a litter of six kittens being given away. They brought him home just as a joke, but I (in a moment of confusion and disillusionment) thought that it would be okay to have a kitten in the house. Well, Sarah and I discussed it for the remainder of the day and we picked him up on Sunday.

The kids are estactic. Abby is off the wall. Thankfully for her this is one laid back kitty. Every two minutes, "where is kitty...where is kitty. I want to hold him...where is kitty." And then once she has captured him she just carries him around.

It is kind of funny since I don't really like cats, but knowing my kids I kind of see this as a form of kitty torture! :) Hee hee hee!

This is my favorite picture. Abby doesn't quite know how to gently handle him yet, although she is getting better.

We don't have a name for him yet - any suggestions?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Grandma Klueg here! This was a really hilarious blog!!! Good job Will. Hope your mom didn't pass out while reading it! I'm sure she was relieved when she scrolled down!

I love your new kitty. And just to set the record straight, Grandma Klueg spotted the kitty and said, "Hey, look over there at that yardsale. Let's go see that little kitten under the table!" Sarah was running ahead & on a mission to get home as Will was home with baby Hudson patiently waiting for our return! So - of course she had to come back and we all had to hold the little kitty! We asked the kitten's owner if we could borrow the kitten for a few minutes. We thought it would be pretty funny to take the little yellow kitty back to Will and say, "Look what we got at the yardsales!" This was only 3 houses away from Sarah & Will's house & the kitten's owner was glad to obligue! He was hoping for a new home for little yellow kitty! God works in mysterious ways!!! You never know what you're going to bring home from a yardsale!! Anyway - Welcome little Turner Kitty!!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guys that work with me say they love the name that Will picked out for the little kitty "General Seo"! They think that's a hoot! BTW - I bet Will had a chill go through him when you mentioned someone getting neutered!

3:01 PM  
Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

It hasn't been finalized yet but I think we are going to name him General Tso. After the Chinese "chicken" meal.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

That is a great name! Can you just pronouns "Tso" for me?

I wasn't aware that you liked Chinese food. There are a couple of good places here in Lancaster...the best right down the steet from my work. :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

Jeff:

Tso is pronounced TSO.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I have heard it pronounced "tso" and I've heard it pronounced "tso", I always say it about 10 times to myself before I call and order! :)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home